Monday, November 25, 2013

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

One of my favourite things in the world to do is check out the vendors at Hal-Con and see what creative projects they have been working on. I love to go as a shopper, a reviewer for Hexed and
as a crafter gathering tools, treats and and inspiration.


FELTastic Fashion

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

I was absolutely charmed by FELTastic Fashion. The artisan was so sweet and kind and showed me all sorts of work that she has done via custom order for so many people.

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

She sold kits, showed me how she does felting and her work is downright adorable.


Amy La Loon Pottery

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

Amy La Loon Pottery stole my pirate heart! So geeky, creepy and perfectly my style.

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

Where else can you get mini pirate flagons? Cthulhu or Tardis mugs?

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

I brought home a skull Santa Christmas tree decoration and am going to turn it into a pendant thanks to Amy!


Giant Robot Comics

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

Shopping at Giant Robot Comics is always fun but this year? Extra fun for me.

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

They had silicon molds! I realized lately I don't have enough geek jewellery so I got a fantastic deal on this Batman emblem mold for only $10.


The Monkey Rodeo

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

The Monkey Rodeo had amazing spooky movie props made by Fox Henderson who was so much fun to speak with. A guy who makes zombie chickens just has to be a great conversationalist.

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

Intriguing jars of who knows what alongside shrunken heads? Everywhere you looked there was something weird and bizarre.

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

I came back and picked up a bitten brain keychain that I am going to turn into a pendant. Fun!


The Quarrelsome Yeti

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

I found the coolest t-shirt at The Quarrelsome Yeti by Geordan Moore. This was my big Hal-Con purchase!

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

Yes, a Sad Broccoli t-shirt. I could not resist! He is such a cutie and will be perfect for my foodie videos. I was relieved when Geordan told me he actually loves broccoli.


Eternal Elf Creations

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

Every year I look forward to visiting Eternal Elf Creations booth and seeing what beautifully gothic work she has put together. This year I was bewitched by these bluish green earrings and had to bring them home.


Postcard Look

Crafters & Artisans at Hal-Con 2013

I hope you enjoyed this little postcard look at Hal-Con 2013. Another amazing year with so many talented artisans. I left with projects I wanted to pursue and tools I could use to create them. Not to mention getting to talk with so many fantastic people who I just loved hanging out with. Hal-Con, I will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment